Allergies can often interfere with our everyday activities, affect our quality of life, and can even be life-threatening. Ordinary substances such as dust, molds, pets, foods, plant pollens, and insect stings are among the most common. The onset of allergies may occur at any age, although they usually begin in childhood. Often the symptoms develop gradually and are varied.
You should see an allergist if:
- You have chronic sinus infections, ear infections and/or asthma
- Over-the-counter medications do not control your allergy symptoms
- You have suspected reactions to foods and/or insect bites
- Sneezing, congestion, runny nose, itchy eyes/ nose continue for several months out of the year and your allergies are interfering with your quality of life
- You are interested in new alternatives to your present medication regime such as immunotherapy
- A visit to our Allergy Center may include a consultation with our allergist, allergy testing, prevention education and medications/ immunotherapy.
If you are in need of an experienced allergist, please contact Melnick, Moffitt, and Mesaros ENT Associates for a comprehensive consultation.